Sunday, October 10, 2010

Elise Rorick

Last spring I wrote a proposal for the Honor's Department to fund a research assistant for the semester. Elise is helping me out with Phase 2 as well as writing grants, preparing for exhibitions, etc. I asked Elise to write down five things about herself for the blog and here they are....



5 [or, in retrospect, maybe 8...] things I want the world to know about me (stolen verbatim from a year+ old facebook survey entitled "50 random things about me")

1. I LOVE books. I could spend the rest of my life doing nothing but reading, and probably not read all the books in the world i want! (which is saying something, because I read lightning fast!) my favorites range from Harry Potter (specifically Deathly Hallows), to anything with history in it, to Jane Austen, to Lord of the Flies, to the Brother's Grimm fairy tales, to Peter Pan, and back to anything adventure or fantasy. ok so basically everything. :D

2. My life is a paradox because I want to travel the world and live on the coast, but my friends and family, who I love with all my heart, are all here in Indiana [edit: the midwest]. At the same time though, I think I will be fine for the same reason I'm fine at college. I will make new friends, but the people I love will be right there with me thanks to cell phones and the internet.

3. I am by no stretch of the imagination a morning person. I would like mornings better if they started later. And if people were meant to pop out of bed, we would all sleep in toasters. :P

4. I don't believe in happily ever after. But I do believe in happy.

5. I am witty, sarcastic, clumsy, stubborn, creative, smart, have a great sense of humor, and love living life. I am drawn naturally to people like myself. I am a dork, but I am the coolest dork you will ever meet!

6. My all time favorite band, song, book, and movie are all from England! [coincidence?]

7. I don't particularly like the whole hollywood, media obsessed, completely moral-less, capitalist America.

8. I am 25% Armenian and I love that! I wish I had a cool armenian middle name like my brother, my aunts, my cousin, my grandpa...

No comments: